Crystal KoelmeyerContent & Communications Consultant
Content & Communications Consultant
A creative writer counting a decade worth of experience across disciplines of journalism, public relations, corporate communications, advertising & SEO; capable of generating engaging & compelling content. An avid mentor, aspiring author cum academic.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality & tone of voice and optimized for search.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
Developing and disseminating public relations materials that increase Company’s visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers
Building and maintaining relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance the Company’s work
Identifying target audiences and creating strategies to effectively engage them
Ensuring digital marketing content aligns with the brand’s identity and message, and assisting with marketing campaigns as needed
Working closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities
Wrote and presented business proposals to prospective clients
Collaborated with clients from various industries to create effective digital marketing campaigns
Managed simultaneous projects on various clients’ accounts on a rolling basis
Conducting interviews with readers, sources and anyone directly involved in a story
Quickly collecting and analysing information on any breaking news stories
Writing features and news stories and then submitting them to the editor before publication
Attending press launches, meetings and conferences etc
Following up leads for potential new stories
Sourcing and interviewing professionals, victims and academics for case studies and comments
Writing focused concise and engaging material for different market
Presenting various options to clients, ideas, samples etc
Working with a talented mix of designers, writers and account managers
Researching a client, their market and also their competitors
Scripting, editing and directing documentaries/Television and Radio Commercials
- SEO and Google Analytics
- Social Media Strategy
- Web Content Development
- Corporate Blogging
- Project Management
- Layout Design
- Photo Editing
- Market Research
- As the Business Editor of Nation, joined President Hon. Maithreepala Sirisena’s Delegation to Malaysia to mark the 60th anniversary of bilateral relations between the two nations (2016).
- Participated in TechCamp Chennai: Tech Tools for Startups – A 2 day, interactive workshop that connected technology experts with local groups seeking to apply technology to tackle specific issues & find solutions organized by the American Embassy of Sri Lanka. (2017).
- Hosted/moderated a networking event Coffee with PM with then Prime Minister Hon. Ranil Wickremasinghe. The event served to facilitate a platform for social media influencers to initiate a dialogue with the Premier regarding matters concerning youth. (2019)